Calcasieu river bridge repair
Location: Calcasieu Parish
Date Completed: 2012
Huval & Associates provided engineering services for repair and rehabilitation of the I-10 Calcasieu River Bridge. The repair and rehabilitation design includes improvements to the bridge structure deemed critical to its longevity and safety.
Specifically, the rehabilitation plans required the following services:
- Assessment of bridge structure to determine repair options for the main truss and substructure
- Overlaying the bridge decking from gutter to gutter with a Skid Resistance Epoxy System
- Incorporating a deflection barrier on the outside curb of the bridge deck and bridge railing repair
- Repairing and spot painting of portions of the main truss and the approach superstructure and substructure
- Preparing joint sealing details to existing finger joints on the bridge where feasible
- Performing soundings to determine water depths of the lake which lies beneath the east approach structure
- Preparing repair details for severely corroded wind shear key and for the Carrying Trusses/Sway Frames
- Preparing an auxiliary Anchor Bolt Repair Detail to add two new anchor bolts to existing Trestle Bent Base Plates
Additionally, Huval & Associates’ tasks include assisting the project engineer with construction related evaluation of proposed repair procedures by the contractor and trouble shooting of any problems during construction. Huval & Associates is presently providing construction support services for repairs to the Calcasieu River Bridge.
- Provide the rehabilitation plans for a fixed bridge that allow for the repair and rehabilitation of the bridge with as little interruption to the flow of traffic as possible
At Huval & Associates, we believe that our people are our future. We are always on the lookout for employees who share our passion, innovation and commitment to providing clients with expert design and engineering services. Interested parties should forward a CV with the form below for consideration.