US 165 – Glenmora to Woodworth
Date Completed: 2008
Huval Performed complete design services on the southern 4-mile section of the 8-mile section of this Louisiana TIMED (Transportation Infrastructure Model for Economic Development) project.
The project scope includes:
- design of a four-lane divided rural arterial that will replace the existing two-lane flexible pavement roadway
- the design of multiple culvert crossings and five (5) slab-span bridges
Huval designed and verified the typical sections along with the horizontal and vertical geometry. A roadway model utilizing the topographic DTM has been produced with InRoad software.
MicroStation, using InRoads, is being used to produce the complete set of roadway plans including the limits of construction and right-of-way acquisitions.
The team also has provided hydrologic and hydraulic analysis and design for the numerous crossing and side drains along with the three different bridge sites. We are in the process of completing the comprehensive design for the five (5) slab-span bridge structures within our project area.
This project is currently being performed in conjunction with other design firms under the TIMED program and in accordance with the LADOTD standards and specifications.
- Poor drainage along the roadway, causing flooding issues after heavy rainfall
- Complex horizontal and vertical roadway geometry due to hilly terrain
- Designed larger culvert crossings to accommodate for the poor drainage along the roadway
- Realigned the roadway design to reduce excavation and fill requirements
At Huval & Associates, we believe that our people are our future. We are always on the lookout for employees who share our passion, innovation and commitment to providing clients with expert design and engineering services. Interested parties should forward a CV with the form below for consideration.